View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
How the Postal Service Is Being Gutted

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ng-gutted.aspx
That sounds like the USPS is being unjustly picked on, but I know several people that are about to retire from the PO and believe me, they should be required to pre-fund their retirement. Their union has become so aggressive that they are forced to keep people on staff that would have been fired from most any other job. The salaries are ridiculous and the amount of overtime paid out is unbelievable. The layoffs spoken of in the article will include a handsome bonus that my friends are hearing rumors of about $25,000/person. Many are delaying their retirement just to take advantage of the impending offer. I think it's time they had to tighten their belt.