Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Big Buddy

Baby Girl Minxie is a special memberBaby Girl Minxie is a special member
Default Thinking of changing my website...any suggestions?

I'm thinking of changing up the website for my business. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been thinking about this for a while now and ran through so many possibilities that my mind is now mush.

Just looking for a little outside feedback. The website is: www.babygirlminxiedesigns.com

Thanks!

Amy
Old 03-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

Hi Amy,

Just at a brief glance...I might lighten it up some. My eyes aren't that great any more but it's sometimes hard to read dark backgrounds. I'm surprised you did that...usually I've called that a "guy thing"! Otherwise, it looks beautiful to me!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

First of all, I really like the concept of your business. I think your text is great! It really makes me think...I need this, I need someone to create this for me. I'm too busy and my photos are piling in a box so I would love for someone to put a scrapbook together and organize my photos. I do agree with Alice, it's a little dark in my opinion too. Like I said, the wording is good but a lighter background would be nice. Good Luck! I think you're off to a great start!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I liked when you click on a pic and the scrapbook turns it pages
Old 03-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I too think it looks a little dark - almost goth in a way. That's perfect if your clients mainly enjoy goth art work, but it seems that you want to appeal to a variety of clients. You might also want to have the pages seen larger. I feel I am missing your craftsmanship in the smaller pics.

Do you offer package deals whereby someone can request a few pages to celebrate a life event? Like a birth or graduation? In today's economy, I would think that a 3 page package might be a great way to continue to add to the family album. in my business, we are doing okay with the small jobs, since the large ones are further apart.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Amy, very creative, nice pages! Tho, I too am no longer a kid and felt the eyestrain a bit. Also, Nan had a great suggestion about the "package" deals. Hope you do very well!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

Love it all, except it is too dark. Just lighten it up some, and you should be good to go!! Good luck..
Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Big Buddy

Baby Girl Minxie is a special memberBaby Girl Minxie is a special member

Thanks so much for all the feedback. I will lighten up the website. I went with the red & black because those are my colors (everything I do is red & black) and it also incorporates with the business logos. I'll try with different shades and see if that works better.

I hadn't thought of offering package deals only because believe it or not, there's not much profit to be made in doing this by the time you factor in time & cost of the pages.

It is something to consider though. Thanks so much!
Old 03-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

they are beautiful colors! nan had it right...it was goth. us old farts aren't familiar with that too much....
Old 03-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of
Red face

Your website looks great! A couple of minor typos, though: under "About me", exiting should be exciting, and under "Pricing", chose should be choose.

Also, on the Home page you use the phrase "over a friend's house" (which we use here in Chicago, too) but you might want to change it to "visited a friend" or something like that to make it less regional.

Great looking scrapbooks, btw! Congrats on your business and best of luck for much success....