Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer
Default Roasted Vegetables

ROASTED VEGETABLES

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. I made this last night with a few variations.
I made a smaller batch, and for the veggies, I used potatoes, a sweet potatoes, about 1/3 of a huge red onion, and some baby carrots. I used dried herbs instead of fresh. I left out the salt and black pepper, thinking I'd season the veggies when I was ready to eat, but they were so flavorful, they didn't need the salt and pepper.

I also used parchment paper to line my pan. The veggies were very good prepared this way, very flavorful, and the onion was really sweet. The carrots weren't quite cooked enough, so if I use them next time, I will use use regular carrots and slice them thin. I didn't stir mine after they were in the oven, and they were fine. Here is the original recipe:

1 small butternut squash, cubed
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
1 red onion, quartered
1 TBSP chopped fresh thyme
2 TBSPs chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
2 TBSP Balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 475įF.
In large bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oi, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Toss with veggies til they are coated. Spread evenly in a large roasting pan.
Roast for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or til veggies are cooked through and brown.