Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Product Recalls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all
Exclamation Recall on Peter Pan Peanut butter and Great Value brand peanut butter from Walmart

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers not to eat certain jars of Peter Pan peanut butter or Great Value peanut butter due to risk of contamination with Salmonella Tennessee (a bacterium that causes foodborne illness). The affected jars of Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter have a product code located on the lid of the jar that begins with the number "2111." Both the Peter Pan and Great Value brands are manufactured in a single facility in Georgia by ConAgra. Great Value peanut butter made by other manufacturers is not affected.

If consumers have any of this Peter Pan or Great Value brand peanut butter in their home that has been purchased since May 2006, they should discard it. Consumers should discard the peanut butter jars, but save the product lid. A full refund is available by sending the lid along with your name and mailing address to:

ConAgra Foods
P.O. BOX 57078
Irvine, CA 92619-7078

Consumers who have questions should contact ConAgra at 866-344-6970.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all
Unhappy

I heard this on the news a couple of hours ago. I have 5 or 6 jars that I have to go check. Geeze, it's not safe to eat anything nowdays.

Thanks Karen
Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Thankfully or not..A few years ago, I got very ill after eating
some peanut butter. So I don't buy it any more.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:11 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

wow, i have a bunch of jars i have to go take a look at now. i do all my shopping at walmart.
thank you karen
Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 AM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

thanks. mine are ok.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Big Buddy

Donia is on a distinguished roadDonia is on a distinguished road

Skippy from now on
Old 02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

I just heard this on the news 20 minutes ago and all my jars are great value and peter pan with splenda, and all the jars have that code (#2111) on them.....uggggg. My kids have been eating it too, i guess i'll trash 'em and go get my refunds!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I ate that the SAME time my doctor told me I had an ulcer!!!! I never went for an ultrasound for the ulcer and my doctor said the blood test she did came back negative for a bacterial ulcer!! She put me in Protonix for the stomach pain. Later I had vomiting, diahhrea and SEVERE abdominal pain!!! This is very upsetting!! I am the one that has ate from this jar of pb cuz I buy them separate from the kids cuz when they use pb they get BREAD CRUMBS in their jar and it grosses me out! I have my own butter too! LOL Anyways, I am going to call my doctor and see if this could have been what I have..I STILL get that same pain and my bowels have been insane! Crikey folks I think I have been poisoned!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

I have only skippy right now, have bought Peter Pan in the past.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

I am a peanut butter snob. I only buy Jiff or Skippy. Christy, I can relate on the the crumbs in the butter problem. lol I HATE that!