Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

The Promise of an Angel by Ruth Reid; it's a story set in an Amish community, in Mecosta County, Michigan, which is where I live! It's the first time I have read fiction that is set so "close to home."

The author attended school here years ago, Ferris State University here in Big Rapids.

“Books, Cats, Life is Good.” ~Edward Gorey
Old 01-31-2014, 06:06 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

I've got two books going right now;

What Kings Ate and Wizards Drank: A Fantasy Lover's Food Guide by Krista D.Bell, it's a book written as a guide for authors of fantasy and historical fiction, I'm just a reader, not a writer, but it's fascinating look into what people ate in Medieval times, and how food was stored and prepared.

I am also reading Calm My Anxious Heart Heart by Linda Dillow, as a part of a group read in a metastatic breast cancer support group I belong to online, it's about how to deal with fear and worry.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Big Buddy

Still reading Calm My Anxious Heart.

For my just for fun reading, I am reading the 3rd and last book of the Valley of Choice series; Taken For English by Olivia Newport.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Just got the Pioneer Woman's new cookbook.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Big Buddy

A Wilder Rose by Susan Witting Albert.

It's a novel based on the true story of the lives of Rose Wilder Lane, and her mother, Laura Ingalls Wilder; about their relationship, and evidence that Rose may have coauthored the "Little House" books, or possibly even written them entirely herself under her mother's name.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:19 AM
Big Buddy

I just started Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening by Carol Wall; a memoir about an unlikely friendship between a middle aged woman who is a cancer survivor, and her Kenyan gardener. I won a free advance readers copy of this book from Library Thing.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Big Buddy

The Divine Secrets of the Whoopie Pie Sisters by Sarah Price and Pam Jarrell

Old 02-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Big Buddy

Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, the next book in the Miss Perigrine's Peculiar Children series.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

Innocence by Dean Koontz
Old 02-28-2014, 07:20 AM
Big Buddy

Bygones by Kim Vogel Saywer, the first book of the Sommerfeld Trilogy, a set of stories that take place in a Mennonite community.

Last edited by mom2acat : 03-03-2014 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Spelled book title wrong